In May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679 as amended) came into force. This new regulation builds on the existing Data Protection legislation to help ensure that your data is handled lawfully and appropriately.
Priory Gate Lodge No. 8202 takes these obligations very seriously: we keep our policies and procedures under regular review to ensure that we comply with these Regulations.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to allow the proper, timely and reasonable administration of the Lodge, the Province of Surrey and the United Grand Lodge of England.
If you are a member of Priory Gate Lodge, we hold information about you which may include: your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and masonic rank etc. on a secured electronic database.
- Priory Gate Lodge will use your data to record your engagement with this Lodge and to manage your membership. We will use your data to communicate with you regarding Lodge meetings and activities.
- Priory Gate Lodge will use your data to keep you informed of its work and to contact you to gain support for its work.
- Priory Gate Lodge will NOT pass or sell your data to third parties or otherwise distribute it except for the explicit purposes stated above or in compliance with our legal obligations under the Regulations.
Under the GDPR Regulations you have various rights which include, but are not limited to:
- You have the right to the erasure of your data but in exercising that right you will be unable to continue your membership of the Lodge as we can no longer administer your membership.
- You have the right to ensure that your data is accurate and if you believe that the data we hold is not accurate for some reason, please contact the Lodge Secretary so that it may be corrected.
- You have the right to object if you believe your data is not being used for the legitimate interests stated above. For example: its unauthorised use by third parties.
If you have any questions or queries regarding how you data is processed by Priory Gate Lodge please contact the Secretary.